1
Since my 40th birthday is coming up (10 May 2006, I expect a present (money) from all of you..lol), I've decided to start a series of 40 things. Instead of posting them all in one list, I've decided to make it a succession so that I can provide more detail than just a list (I'll post the entire list on 40th anniversary of the day in which I entered this world).
Part 1
I am a certified Cambridge oral examiner for four Cambridge (English) exams: FCE , BEC Preliminary, BEC Vantage, and BEC Higher.
I received my certifications for BEC Preliminary and BEC Vantage last year, and FCE and BEC Higher this year (FCE was the training course yesterday). I've been teaching preparation courses for the exams since 1999, and last year I decided to find out how to become an oral examiner when I was searching for a way to increase my qualifications. I found a way to contact the Team Leader in my state, and she interviewed me a few days later. She just happened to have an examiner induction scheduled for the next weekend (timing is everything - induction sessions are few and far between), and she invited me to attend it. I did, and attended a BEC Preliminary training session shortly after that.
Being a Cambridge examiner is something that I can take with me no matter what country I decide to live in (with the possible exception of the USA), increases my status in my career and includes a bit of prestige. It also enables me to prepare my students better for the exams. Another good thing? All the training sessions and other meetings I am required to attend (two per year) are free of cost to me. They're paid for by the testing centres in each state (at least in Germany).
Part 1
I am a certified Cambridge oral examiner for four Cambridge (English) exams: FCE , BEC Preliminary, BEC Vantage, and BEC Higher.
I received my certifications for BEC Preliminary and BEC Vantage last year, and FCE and BEC Higher this year (FCE was the training course yesterday). I've been teaching preparation courses for the exams since 1999, and last year I decided to find out how to become an oral examiner when I was searching for a way to increase my qualifications. I found a way to contact the Team Leader in my state, and she interviewed me a few days later. She just happened to have an examiner induction scheduled for the next weekend (timing is everything - induction sessions are few and far between), and she invited me to attend it. I did, and attended a BEC Preliminary training session shortly after that.
Being a Cambridge examiner is something that I can take with me no matter what country I decide to live in (with the possible exception of the USA), increases my status in my career and includes a bit of prestige. It also enables me to prepare my students better for the exams. Another good thing? All the training sessions and other meetings I am required to attend (two per year) are free of cost to me. They're paid for by the testing centres in each state (at least in Germany).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home