40 Things

Friday, February 10, 2006

12

I love the Olympics

I’ve been watching the Olympics ever since I can remember. Granted, some of the sports don’t interest me, but there are plenty that do and I love the two or so weeks every other year when they’re broadcast. I especially love watching the opening ceremony because of how theatrical it usually is.

However, I am not able to. I haven’t bothered buying a TV since I’ve lived in Germany. I had talked about watching it with the M’s, but M SMSed me this afternoon saying ‘something else came up’ (translation: M has no interest in watching it), so that’s off. I figured that something like that might happen, so I SMSed Vince yesterday evening to see if I could watch it with him (if he had planned on watching it), but he didn’t respond. I asked him today and he told me that had plans to go to the pub instead. The only other option would have been watching it at Js’, but I didn’t want to spend time with her. So, I’m missing it for the first time in years. It’s kind of sad that I have nobody to watch it with in a town I’ve lived in for 3 ½ years. I guess that says a lot about me.

Regardless of the above, I still love the Olympics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home